3/23/14

Top Mail Helm Models

I'm not gonna lie; shaman tend to win the hat/shoulder graphics lottery.  Ten Storms, Earthfury, Olivia's Graceful Gaze...  They get some awesome stuff that just isn't available other than recolors, if you're lucky.  Hunters don't completely miss out, though.  Here are some that I've bothered banking, or wouldn't mind having:

Stylin' Crimson Hat:  This is one of those fun-but-has-stats items that weren't uncommon in the Burning Crusade; my leatherworker was never lucky enough to get any of the patterns.  This is the hunter one; the others have different color combinations.

Foreman's Reinforced Helmet:  I could have sworn I had banked, but apparently not.  It's a great item for an engineer-themed transmog.

Beastmaster's Cap:  I put on the whole set for the picture; this is the upgrade from the Beaststalker set that's no longer available except through the Darkmoon Faire.  I liked the color scheme on this set better.  The shamans get most of the wolf-type helms, but this one is all ours.


Malefactor's Eyepatch:  This is the helm I use with the Blood Knight transmog set I used for most of the end of Cataclysm.  (It matches my ravager.)  The eyepatch is from a quest chain in Blade's Edge and was a good helm for quite a while.


Surestrike Goggles v2.0:  I used these goggles for ages in Wrath.  They dont' have as many bells and whistles as Deadly Retinal Armor, but I think they look better on more races.  It's hard enough finding a helm that works on a tauren.  Most of the Wrath-era goggles use this shape if you want a different color scheme.


Straw Hat:  My current transmog hat, the Straw Hat is from getting to Best Friends with Old Hillpaw.  It's a nice, simple hat; works well with most of the sets I've had this expansion; and it works okay with tauren horns.


I much prefer to have good hats than have to turn off my helm, and I think the Straw Hat is going to be my default at this point if I'm not otherwise trying to match a set.

No comments: