2/18/14

Weapon Models: Top 5 Crossbows

For the longest time, crossbows were a rarity in the game; only a few existed, and they were from lower-end content.  We saw more crossbows later in the Burning Crusade, and by Wrath of the Lich King they were making regular appearances on raid loot tables.  These are my five favorite:

5.  Felglacier Bolter - One of the many Wrath-era crossbows, this one drops out of the Pit of Saron, off Ick.  Groups that fell apart in Pit of Saron usually did so right after this, on the gauntlet, so it wasn't too horrible to farm for.  It's got a very Northrend-esque color scheme.


4.  Windrunner's Heartseeker - I like the references this one makes - all the Windrunner sisters; its model is a little be Scourgey, a little bit Night Elfish, with a dragony set of horns to boot.



3.  Steelhawk Crossbow - I want to say I used this up until the bow dropped off Prince; Attumen the Horseman drops it.  It's one of several bird-themed crossbow models, and perhaps the list garish of them.

2.  Death Lotus Crossbow - This is one of the new Pandaria crossbow models.  It's fairly understated, with a bit of sha-taint, and it comes in pink, blue, and purple flavors, depending what kind of raid you're running.  This is what I'm currently using, but I love the Sunwell bow enough that I've got it transmogrified.


1.  Scourge Crossbow - This crossbow model is used for a ton of green-quality ones, and when I was looking for a nice transmog crossbow for my blood elf this is the one I picked.  It's got clean lines, a nice mix of natural wood and metal, and a relatively compact size.


Next up:  Bows.  I'll have a bit more to say about them.

No comments: