2/24/14

Fan-fiction #3 (w/bonus scene!)

Here's the most recent fan-fiction challenge from the forums for reference: ~linky~


GO FORTH! sayeth the Mother Goddess
Go forth, Ermintrude, queen of all chickens!
You alone can protect my daughter!
You alone can save Azeroth!

I, Ermintrude, queen of all chickens, must go forth
I must leave my brood
I must leave Westfall
I must leave the Mother Goddess's protective gaze
I must save Azeroth

I, Ermintrude, queen of all chickens, designate an heir
This egg shall hatch a worthy heir
This egg shall hatch a mighty hen
This egg shall hatch a new queen
This egg shall be Westfall's new guardian

I, Ermintrude, queen of all chickens, prepare for my journey
Long are the roads out of Westfall
Long are the days under the scorching sun
Long are nights of darkness and danger
I eat the last of the grain from the Mother Goddess

I, Ermintrude, queen of all chickens, join my traveling companions
Daughter of the Mother Goddess, tall and fair
Pet of the Daughter, furry and uncouth
Defender of the queen, stout and metallic
And I, Ermintrude, queen of all chickens

I, Ermintrude, queen of all chickens, leave my home
Across the dust-caked roads of Westfall
Over the fields of okra and hops
Through the meadows of uncut hay
Westfall falls behind us

I, Ermintrude, queen of all chickens, brave the forest of Elwynn
Brave to cross the bridge of oak and stone
Brave to enter the shadows of the behemoth trees
Brave to pass the shrieking of the gnolls
Elwynn holds my first challenge

I, Ermintrude, queen of all chickens, defend the daughter of the Mother Goddess
Lo, but the vile squirrel swept down from the trees
The vile squirrel rushed at the daughter of the Mother Goddess
The vile squirrel did pelt us with the oaks' bounty
I defeat him with a swift strike from my beak

I, Ermintrude, queen of all chickens, am rewarded for my bravery
The daughter of the Mother Goddess leads us to a tavern
Her pet, a worthless beast, receives but a bone
My guardian requires no repast
But I!  I have never tasted such grain!



Elaine was supposed to meet me at the Lion's Pride Inn in Goldshire, and after a couple days of walking from Westfall, I finally got there.  She raised a brow when she saw the menagerie I was trailing.

"Okay," she said, "I can get the dog--"

"Coyote," I said.

"Yeah, whatever.  That makes sense, since you always seemed like you might follow the hunter's path.  But what's with the chicken?"

"What, Ermintrude?" I asked.  "Ma insisted I bring her so I wouldn't have to buy eggs."

No comments: