11/12/13

In Memorium

One of Straw Hat Pirates' longest-tenured members died this weekend.  In-game, he was best known as Mudcrutch, a warrior and a damned good tank, but he also went by Fwibid and, perhaps one of the most clever of funny names, Bwahaha.  (Imagine it in quest-giver text.)  A lot of us knew him as Steve.  He was Maklak's drummer until he moved back to Southern California, and you can hear him on their self-titled album.  (I recommend "Roseblood" - I listened to that a lot when my cat died a couple years ago.)

Mud was one of our officers during our last peak of raiding drama (ICC, wow), and he was the one who talked me down off ledges when I just wanted to say to hell with it and quit or disband.  He had just recently started playing Diablo 3 and was enjoying that quite a bit, and he had transferred a character over to his brother's server in WoW so they could play together more.  He was the guy who could freestyle riff Hozen lingo in guild chat, who joined one of those huge, invites-anyone guilds with a misspelled name just to see what their guild chat was like.  (Apparently anthropologically interesting.)

I'd known him almost eight years; when I first joined the guild, he was part of the group I hung out with on New Year's Eve to watch the fireworks in Thunder Bluff.  He'll be missed. :(

No comments: