3/31/12

Beta Mists, 2

I played a monk to level three before creating a beta guild for my guildies who are getting in.

Not being able to scroll out further than the default may cause me some issues; I need to play 'further back' to not get motion sick.

Ok, after some lag/crashing issues, I can finally teleport to panda land!

I, uh.  Pandaren are short.  I mean, sure, I'm a Tauren, but...  OH, that's a Pandaren kid.  The adults are shorter than I expected, but not *that* short.

Pandaran Male

Pandaran Female
Heading out of Dawn's Blossom to the Arboretum

Run around a bit, find some quests to kill wasps and pick up flowers.  Oh, right, my toolbars.  Some stuff is gone (Concussive Shot, Kill Command is out of my spec, etc.), and I haven't bothered to remake macros yet since I don't know what I'm going to need yet.  But I have A Murder of Crows, and it is awesome.


There are some pretty cranes in the Jade Forest, but I can't tame them.  This is just as well; the stable is a little buggy, and I don't want to mess with swapping pets around yet.  The pet talent pane is... gone?  I don't know, I just can't find it.  I'm guessing that's another work in progress.

Pretty green cranes!

The new glyphs are mostly fun!  I put in mostly soloing ones for now (Mending, Misdirect, and improved Mend Pet is now a glyph) since I figure that's what I'm going to be doing.  The Camouflage glyph right now gives you real stealth, which will be tempting later for dungeon soloing type stuff.

Marksmanship specialization
Talent pane
Talbuk models have returned!  Also not tameable.

Poor Hadrian has been shrunk, without even having the glyph in.

Taking lots of pretty pictures - War Serpents, the Temple of the Jade Serpent, the Dawn Bridge.


Approaching the Temple of the Jade Serpent
Guards in the Temple of the Jade Serpent - female Pandaran tails go under the cloak, no clipping
Stairs to the Temple (a little glitchy)
Temple of the Jade Serpent
The Dawn Bridge
There are a bunch of kites suspending lanterns along the bridge
War Serpents
Waterfall from the Dawn Bridge
Temple of the Jade Serpent, seen from the Dawn Bridge
Back in the Arboretum, looking towards the flight path
Serpent trainers
Serpent trainers
Aw, no fishes yet.

Oh, thank God, I found the camera distance slider.

OH MY GOD I KICK STUFF.  Okay, right, so I'm a Tauren hunter.  I have to destroy these statues.  To do so, I KICK THEM.  This is awesome.

Haha, first fatal error.

I keep trying to run out to range, but minimum range is gone. >.>

Lots of fill-up-a-bar quests in the Jade Forest so far.

Bell in Chun Tian Monastery
... High Elder Cloudfall randomly fell over and died.  Um.  It's apparently a known issue in the quest; I guess I'll go find other quests.

The bamboo forest
Hey, nearby available quests show up on my world map now?

Ok, the Jade Forest is kinda crowded, I'm going to go check out the Tauren monk I rolled yesterday.

Hm.  Jabbing stuff to death at level one and two feels slow.  I get roll at level two, and... ok, it doesn't roll yet on Tauren, more like the goblin's rocket jump effect.  But it's got a 0, 1, or 2 on it; I can use it twice and then it has to regen?  But the tooltip doesn't clarify.  Also my starting weapons think they're broken.  (They're not.)

Hm, leveling is just automatically teaching me stuff in the field, no running back to train.  Kinda nice.  Level three got me Tiger Palm (which uses some Chi) and Blackout Kick (which also uses Chi, usable at 35% like an execute).

Monk interface & a gazelle critter that I can't capture yet
Still, I feel kind of weak compared to the other low level toons I've made.  I'm dying a lot more than I usually do, to mobs just a level higher than me.

Hee, another bug that's already been reported.  Tauren monks don't speak Taurahe.

Moon over Mulgore

No comments: