3/29/12

ALL NEW BETA ADVENTURES

So @vitaemachina mentioned this afternoon that he had a beta invite as of... sometime today, so I logged into my account again to see, and... BETA!  My husband got in, too, although he's not as likely to play around with the beta as much.

Step one: Copy over Duskhawk and Elsabeth.

Step two: Realize I forgot to loot the guild bank before copying them. (I keep all my cash on my bank toon.)

Step three: Loot the guild bank, give cash to husband, who then copies over his main.

Step four: Refund guild bank.  *sigh*  It's not like anyone has posted Poseidus recently.

So I logged into Dusk, gave the talents a glance and tweaked the video settings (windowed/full screen), logged in Elsa just to get the name change done, then made me a Pandaren monk.

Client then promptly crashed out, so I restarted the download, and I'll just let it download in the background while we're raiding.  Ahem.

One of the things I want to see in the beta, as it progresses, aside from reporting bugs and testing stuff, is to see if I like the monk enough to make it my 11th slot.  I lean heavily towards ranged, be it with weapons or spells, and if I don't like the monk enough on the beta to level through on live, I'll make a Pandaren something-else.  We'll see if I like their casting animations or their shooting animations before I decide what the something else is.

No comments: