6/5/14

On Role-Playing

So I named my death knight yesterday.  Granted, yeah, she's 87, and she technically has a name already, but I popped a less silly one into MRP for her.  She's not on an RP server, but most of my high-level toons aren't.

I'm not particularly good in role-playing in that I'm not good at interacting with other people on that level; at the same time, some of my characters do have backgrounds or whatnot in my head which, to some extent, influences how I play them.

So my death knight is, or rather, was Nalaya Stormhoof, who'd been a field medic prior to her unfortunate demise and new career as a death knight.



My warlock was a blood elf who went through a horrible transporter malfunction and is now a goblin.  (I apparently wrote this background for her when I did the race change years ago and forgot until I reloaded MRP on my main server.)  As a goblin, she's a compulsive salesperson, and she's the only character I'm comfortable doing public channel guild promotion in.  She's also a bit obsessed with fire, and as a goblin destro lock, the ancestor quest with Lorewalker Cho was a bit disturbingly spot-on.  Other than the whole, you know, transporter malfunction thing.

My original paladin is a refugee from Arathor, currently a resident of Stormwind.  (And this is why I no longer create back stories that might require grinding PVP reputation, because that's going to take forever.)

My gnome 'lock thinks her demons are her best friends and her imp (Geltip) is her assistant scribe.

One of my Forsaken hunters (I... I have 13 hunters, okay?) was a watchmaker in Andorhal before joining the war and becoming a marksman.

So it's mostly little things; the character I've got the most concept of background and relationships for is the unnamed human hunter I've used in the fan-fic stories... and I haven't actually a) decided on a name for her or b) made her as a character in-game.  I did name a chicken battle pet Ermintrude, though, so that's already set up for her.  Maybe one day (when I actually decide on a name)...

No comments: