10/10/13

Bait & Switch

I was driving to work yesterday when I realized, "[swear words], this was another Old God end boss expansion!"  We were all so excited to be getting rid of Garrosh and fighting Sha that the bait and switch of handing us another Old God to defeat initially didn't register on my radar.

Now, I like the Old God plotlines, really, because there's so much ambiguity about whether they're good for, bad for, or just there with regards to Azeroth.  But four out of five expansions?
  • Vanilla WoW: C'Thun
  • Burning Crusade:  Woohoo Outland!  Sticking it to the Legion!
  • Wrath of the Lich King: Yogg-Saron
  • Cataclysm:  N'Zoth, though we never confront ... him? it? directly
  • Mists of Pandaria:  Y'Shaarj

You know what?  I think we're due for another Burning Legion expansion.

No comments: