10/27/12

Battle Pet Theme Teams


My initial pet battle team was formed a bit haphazardly; I had played around with it on the beta (for about three days exclusively), and from that I knew that mechanicals were strong against beasts, beasts against critters, and for most of my early fights, the third pet was going to suck if it was something else.  So my initial team looks like:
There wasn't really any rhyme or reason other than that Mr. Grubbs is my favorite pet; Bolts seemed good as an engineer, and the random third pet is strong vs. aquatics, and I keep running into Toads.

Beta Team
But, as I've been assembling themed stables for Stampede (Aesop for Dusk, undead for my Forsaken, August Celestials when my Pandaren is higher level... and I'm not sure yet what for the other two), I've also been thinking about some themed secondary and tertiary pet battle teams, preferably ones that don't use two of the same pet.

I can't do all of these (I'm missing a handful), but I can do most:

Aesop again:
  • Jade Crane Chick
  • Fox Kit
  • Gilnean Raven
Watership Down:
  • Spirit of Summer (Frith)
  • Rabbit (El-ahrairah or Thlayli)
  • Sea Gull (Keehar)
Valley of the Four Winds:
  • Black Lamb
  • Chicken
  • Feral Vermling
August Celestials:
  • Mechanical Pandaren Dragonling
  • Jade Crane Chick
  • Winterspring Cub
Obscure Star Trek:
  • Shimmershell Snail
  • Bombay Cat
  • Fishy
Jungle Book:
  • Panther Cub (Bagheera)
  • Dun Morogh Cub (Baloo)
  • Emerald Boa (Kaa)
Rudolph/Island of Misfit Toys 1
  • Winter Reindeer (Rudolph)
  • Tranquil Mechanical Yeti (The Abominable Snowman)
  • Father Winter's Helper (Hermey the Misfit Elf)
Rudolph/Island of Misfit Toys 2
  • Pint-Sized Pink Pachyderm (Spotted Elephant)
  • Guardian Cub (King Moonracer)
  • Tiny Snowman (Sam the Snowman)

No comments: