4/9/10

Something is off when...

Something is off when I'm thinking about booting my own alts out of the guild. But no, I should try to figure out what it is and if it can be fixed.

The feeling is the same as when there was a rogue who would bully the officers, and we were just taking it, rather than just kicking him. He would swear at us, throw tantrums when things didn't go his way, and so forth. I considered just leaving the guild rather than having to put up with his antics.

Well, I'm much more invested in the guild than I used to be. I put anywhere from 3 to 15 hours a week just into administration, depending what's going on at the time. Some nights my entire 1-2 hours of play time is eaten up by the guild bank, or roster management. So just ditching it and going solo again (which is much more feasible than it used to be) isn't really a good solution. I've invested too much of my own time to just let it go down the tubes because something needs work.

I'm just not sure what. Yeah, we've got some personnel issues, mostly a bit of a healing shortage, that's made me question some of the decisions we made two months ago regarding our healer corps and some of our more recent recruitment decisions.

I have a gut feeling about what part of the problem is, but I don't know if I can really... fix that, or if it would just make more problems.

But I'd imagine me kicking 5 of my own toons to put them in my bank guild would cause quite a lot of consternation (even if the bank access would be oh-so-awesome).

No comments: